Springtime is well and truly upon us, I’m already appreciating the lighter nights, and dreaming about when I can spend the evening sipping a cold glass of Pinot in my garden.
It’s about now that everyone’s inner Mrs. Hinch starts creeping out, washings out on the line, and spring cleaning in full swing but what about your business finances? They deserve some attention too. By giving your accounts a little spring clean you’ll be sure to stay on track with those financial goals! Here are some simple ways to get started:
1. Check-in – Dedicate just 5 mins of your day to checking your balance, what payments are due, what purchases you have made etc. This will help you keep track of where your money is and what it’s doing.
2. Declutter – Are there any payments you could cut? An old subscription, a membership that no longer serves you? Now is the time to look over your outgoings and see if there are any you could get rid of.
3. Know what matters to you – Whilst decluttering your finances is a great way to potentially save some cash, know what matters to you. Some outgoings might not be “essential” but if they save your sanity then it’s worth it. Only you can decide what’s right for your business.
4. Organise your documents – Whether your old school and like everything on paper or you do it all electronically, spend some time organising. I like to categorise everything so it’s easy to find.
5. Shred shred shred – Once you have decluttered and organised make sure anything you are getting rid of is heading straight for the shredder!
I hope you find these tips helpful. Let me know, are you going to give it a go?
Until next time,
Stay safe, love and high vibes
Jo ❤️ xx